Barack Obama is trying really hard to be the worst-ever President of the United states. Here is his foreign policy for the next two years: Don’t do stupid shit.
Forget The New Yorker’s “leading from behind,” and even President Barack Obama’s own “singles … doubles.” The West Wing has a preferred, authorized distillation of the president’s foreign-policy doctrine: “Don’t do stupid shi*t.”
The phrase has appeared in The New York Times three times in the past four days. So, if the White House’s aim was to get the phrase in circulation, mission accomplished!
Here’s one appearance:
In his second term, a time that presidents typically set about cementing their legacies as statesmen, Mr. Obama has instead settled on a minimalist foreign policy — one that he laid out at West Point and sums up with a saltier version of the phrase, “don’t do stupid stuff.”
“There is a fundamental and profound distinction between this speech and the earlier speeches,” said David J. Rothkopf, the publisher of Foreign Policy magazine. “The Nobel Prize speech was infused with hope, ambition, and the desire to better the world. This speech is built around the idea of not doing stupid stuff.”
Things that are “stupid stuff”:
- Aiding the rebels in Syria.
- Withdrawing aid to the Palestinian Authority because they teamed up with Hamas, a U.S.-designated terror organization.
- Keeping sanctions on Iran until they negotiate in good faith
- Anything to stop Russia from taking back old Soviet Union countries
- Putting missiles in Poland
Things that aren’t stupid stuff:
- Dealing with the terrorists in Hamas by pretending they agree to the terms of peace with Israel
- Siccing the IRS on conservative and pro-Israel organizations
- Disregarding the law of the land by adding waivers to any part of Obamacare that might cost Democrats votes
- Saying that Benghazi was caused by a video or a spontaneous protest
- Not handing over documents to Congressional investigators or FOI requests
This is what happens when you elect a president who spent his career as a partisan demagogue. Why is anyone surprised that he can’t run the greatest nation in the world? He doesn’t even like this country. He wants us to be more like Europe. And he’s succeeding. Our unemployment rate is matching theirs, we are now an oligarchy instead of a democratic republic, our fuel costs are going to go through the roof, and more jobs will be lost in the next two years due to the Obama administration’s inability to manage the economy.
But hey, he won’t have done any stupid shit by the time he’s out of office, right?